We invite all who applied last year (in 2021) to apply again for 2022/2023 funding.
- Nonprofit organizations that are tax exempt under IRS Section 501(c)3
- Community groups that have a 501(c)3 organization serving as their fiscal sponsor
- Government agencies (e.g., city department, public school) that are able to provide proof of status as a government entity
The Foundation will only consider proposals for programs and services that serve the Long Beach community.
The following are not eligible to receive Foundation funding:
- Organizations that have been in operation for less than three years
- For profit agencies and private, non-operating foundations
- Endowments or deficit reduction campaigns
- Annual fund drives
- Political campaigns or lobbying
- Medical research
- Religious programs that are exclusionary to those outside of their religion (e.g., require membership to participate or use programs to promote membership in their religion)
- Organizations that discriminate by race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation or national origin